Monday 20 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 20

Hello!

The prompt for today was to write a poem about a walking archive.  A walking archive is when you go for a walk and pick up items or trinkets or treasures as you go.  While I am able to leave the house and go for walks during this time of self isolation, I don't go very far and my neighborhood isn't very inspiring for poetry.  So instead I wrote about items around my apartment.  I was very much inspired by the song Tiny Paper Elephant by the Doubleclicks.  (Go check out the song if you like) Enjoy!


There's a ducky tea infuser
in a cup that looks like Chip. 
A rainbow Perler feather,
and a pink panda hair clip. 

There's a Sith Lord R2-D2
fighting Sailor Jupiter
near a pile of books to read soon
and a shirt painted with une fleur. 

A floppsy duck named Gustav
sits atop a strawberry.
And together all this shows you
the sort of person I must be. 

Take a tour of my life now. 
Take a tour of my home. 
And together I will tell you
of the places I do roam.


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam.

No comments:

Post a Comment