Tuesday 28 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 28

Hello!

Today's prompt was to write a poem that is in the style of a review, the kind of review you'd find on a website, but it is reviewing something that you wouldn't normally review.  One of the suggestions that the prompt gave was the moon, and I though that was funny so I decided to run with it.  Especially the idea of assigning "X stars" to the moon.  lol.  Enjoy!


Some nights I look up and it's there, big and full.
Other nights it's but a crescent.
Reliability: 3 Stars
Almost always there, but shape not constant

The markings on its surface are lovely.
Patterns of light and dark play at pictures. 
Beauty: 5 Stars
A work of art

I long to visit this new land.
To be an explorer on the frontier.
Accessibility: 0 Stars
I can't go there

It brings some light to the darkness.
And plays with the oceans creating tides.
Value: 2 Stars
Good for the earth, but of no use to my personal life

The only orb of our night sky. 
Other planets may h ave lots of moons, but we only have one. 
Rarity: 5 Stars
One of a kind, collector's edition. 

Overall rating: 4 Stars


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment