Saturday 4 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 4

Hello!
Today's prompt was all about using rhyming words or similar sounding words. This is something I'm quite good at I find, I didn't even need to use a rhyming dictionary to write this.  I decided to go with a poem that expresses my frustration at the global pandemic situation.  So many places on lock down and people self isolating.  While my time working from home has not been so bad, there is still an underlying frustration of not being able to go out and be social around people.  Please enjoy, and hopefully this poem will be something we can look back on in the future to remember this part of our history.


Oh quarantine, 
What a bore it's been, 
Stuck in the in-between, 
Not being seen, 
Nothing to redeem,
This time in self isolation.

Oh self isolation, 
This couch my station, 
The realization, 
That staying home is retaliation,
Against the infestation, 
of Covid-19 in the world. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea Danaxam

No comments:

Post a Comment