Tuesday 12 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 12

 Hello!

So another simple prompt today to write a poem about something small.  The opposite of yesterday.  I must admit I was really stuck.  I couldn't think of what to write about or any words.  Eventually I just started saying rhymes and thinking of little things like bugs and raindrops and flower petals, and then this poem just kinda formed itself.  I'm don't feel it's really about something small, but I love the feel of it, so in the end it's about writing poetry and not about sticking perfectly to the prompt.  Enjoy!


Drip of water, drop of sun
While in the grass the ants now run.

Dripping, dropping, falling more
Very soon the rain will pour.

Forgotten petal, fallen from bloom
While up above the dark clouds loom.

Little ladybug stops to rest
Before it flies off heading west.

Dandelion wishes blow on by
To soon be whisked up to the sky. 

Another drop upon my head
The coming storm fills me with dread.

Perhaps some cover I should find
And leave these little things behind. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment