Saturday 9 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 9

 Hello!

Today I learned of another new poetry prompt.  Every year when I learn at least one or two more styles of poetry I'm amazed just how many different poetry styles there are.  With today's prompt I learned about the nonet.  Another type of poetry that is structured by syllables, which I really love.  The number of syllables in each line decreases as you go, and so right away I was reminded of a the book Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston.  In it there's a scene where a character is having their memory erased, and they are repeating the names of the people important to them so that they won't forget, but they do forget and with each repetition of the names there are fewer there.  The style of the writing fits so well with this poem, so I used that scene as inspiration for my nonet.  Enjoy!


I must not let them make me forget
All my friends and our adventures
Ana, Jakks, Robb, and I'm Di
Our adventures in space
Protecting them all
Ana, Jakks, Robb
Ana, Jakks
Ana
Di


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment