Wednesday 13 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 13

 Hello!

Kinda in a rush today, so let's just jump right into my poem.  Enjoy!


The darkness closes in around me
Whispering words of failure and worthlessness.
It's so easy to fall into it
To listen to the words and believe them.
But I can't.  I won't. 
I won't fall into the Oblivious Oblivion. 

I fight back against the darkness with light
My inner light of hope that knows it can be better. 

I remember our adventure to the four corners of town
Or that time you spent the day hanging out with me. 
I seek out fuzzy blankets and fluffy pandas.
I take my happy memories, favourite foods, and soft comfort items
And build a nest to shelter me from the darkness. 

It will take time, but dawn will come again. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment