Saturday 30 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 30

 Hello!

It's the final day of NaPoWriMo.  I'm rather saddened by this.  I've had this burden on my heart lately and writing poetry this month has helped me to express some of the feelings and ease the burden.  I guess I can keep writing poetry even though it's not NaPoWriMo, but it just won't be quite the same.  I do hope you've enjoyed all my poems though!

As for today's prompt, it's to write a cento, which is a poem made up entirely of lines from other poems.  While I do have poetry books and ideas I could have used for this, it occurred to me that music is also poetry and the lyrics of songs are poems too. So, in going with the inspiration of expressing my feelings that I've been working through, I took a list of songs that are important to me and used their lyrics to write this poem.  Enjoy! 


The colour of blue 
Reminds me of you
And let me say I owe it all to you
And I want to thank you
For making the sun come shining through
You'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forevermore. 
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is
While you're in the world. 

Everyone's changing, I stay the same
A solo cello outside a chorus
This is me, for forever
One of the lost ones
Without a name.

Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel.
Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough.
But do I really feel the way I feel?

Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith
Is when it's tested again and again every day
I'm still comparing your past to my future
I wanna tell you somethin'
About somethin' I found out
Might never have known
All that I'd been missing in my life

I can't escape myself
So many times I've tried
I can't control myself
Cause I'm lost in you, lost in you so how
How the hell do I find my way out?

Daydream
I dream of you amid the flowers
For a couple of hours.

I've been runnin'
Just to get away from what's inside me
Rush
I'm drowning under the rush
And so it starts
You switch the engine on
We set controls for the heart of the sun.

Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face its harms
'Till I find my hero's welcome waiting in your arms. 


Thanks for reading!  And for another great NaPoWriMo!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment