Sunday 24 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 24

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a poem that uses vivid similes like those of a hard-boiled detective novel.  It's a really fun style to write and so I wrote a whole poem filled with them.  Inspiration for this poem came from Magic the Gathering again, in particular my favourite planeswalker.  Enjoy!


Forest Traveler

While out in the forest the other day I met this lady
Not the kind you usually see 'round these parts.
Legs for days with brown hair that flowed like the Nile down her back
Dressed in greens and browns like the forest itself wrapped around her.
I watched her as she went about her business
Stalking through the woods like a panther
Blessing the land as a southern Baptist preacher blesses his congregation. 
In her wake the trees awoke from their thousand year slumber
And the elves emerged from their hiding, popping up like daisies.
As the beasts of the forest appeared I thought she'd be afraid
But instead she smiled like a mother to her newborn babe.
Before long she passed beyond my sight
Continuing her journey through this land.
To this day I still don't know who she is
But I visit that forest every day hoping to see her again. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment