Wednesday 27 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 27

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a duplex poem.  It's a variation on the sonnet.  Inspiration came from something that has been on my mind lately and I wanted to use my poetry to help get the feelings out.  Enjoy!


To the one I call Breeze who blew into my life
At a time when my heart and mind were filled with strife

Strife from a mentor leaving me
In time you'd take that place, I'd come to see

I'd come to see your soul, your heart
I could tell you cared for me from the very start

You cared for me, have always wanted me to succeed
Always there for me in my time of need

There for me to help me improve my work
All our coffees, lunch walks, you'd always greet me with a smirk

A secret smirk, I've never known the feelings your mind held
Still the love for you in my heart could not be quelled

I care for you, even though to another I am a wife
To the one I call Breeze who blew into my life. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment