Friday 29 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 29

 Hello!

For today's poetry prompt, it uses the idea of fairies blessing a newborn with gifts, and right away I thought of the beginning of Disney's Sleeping Beauty and how the fairies give her good gifts while Maleficent gives her that curse.  The prompt wants you to think about yourself with regards to what gifts or curses you might have received, and so here is my poem about my own gifts and curses written as a scene similar to the beginning of Sleeping Beauty.  Enjoy!


Today the announcement of Amanda's birth
A celebration of her arrival on Earth. 

Now your gifts on her you may bestow
Something she can cherish or help her to grow.

For my gift I will make her mind smart
A passion for science and astronomy will reside in her heart. 

For my gift, creative our Amanda will be
To her creating new art will come easily. 

Bravery will be my gift to her
Trying new things is what she'll prefer.

I was not invited so I'll keep it swift
Now it's my turn to give her a gift!

She will not feel sexual attraction
She will want love, but without all "the action". 

Her heart will love freely and easily
But it will bring her pain until she learns of polyamory

And neurodivergent her mind will be
Cursed with autism, anxiety, and ADHD.

With your gifts she may be loved by all
But to feel different and weird will be her downfall.

Oh dear, oh my, was that a blessing or a curse? 
Will Amanda grow well or has her life been made worse?

For the final gift, to help settle your mind
My blessing will be that Amanda will be kind.

Caring for all the lives that she'll touch
Everyone will love and support her very much. 

Though she may struggle, stumble, and fall
She will always have someone to aid her at her call. 

Easy her life will not always be
But she'll always succeed when she tries, you will see. 

So our dear Amanda, be happy and well
As for where life will take you? Only time will tell. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment