Saturday 16 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 16

 Hello!

So today was another new style of poetry, the curtal sonnet.  To be honest I can't remember if I've ever written a regular sonnet, so I had to look up the style and how best to write it.  Perhaps if I have time this month I'll write a regular sonnet to go with today's curtal sonnet.   For the topic I decided to write about the weekly Magic the Gathering games that I have with a group of friends.  We played for about half the day yesterday and it was so much fun, it's something I look forward to every week, so I wanted to immortalize in a poem.   Enjoy!


A Gathering of Friends

Magic the Gathering, a gathering of friends
with cards in hand we gather 'round the table
sharing laughs and stories and our favourite cards
we play all evening until our time together ends
looking forward to the next game, next week if we are able
a time each week we can all let down our guards.

Each week a gathering of people, of friends, of souls
playing cards each turn unless we are unable
each trying their best to earn "the winner" label
a time for fun, to take our hands off the controls.
A group of wildcards


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment