Tuesday 19 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 19

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to start the poem with a command.  I had some trouble coming up with ideas, but ultimately my inspiration for today's poem came from Pokemon.  When battling with Pokemon you need to command them to use the move you want them to use, so that lead into today's poem.  I decided to use the first 5 gen water starters and they have a special place in my heart.  Enjoy!


The Pokemon Battle

Squirtle use bubble beam!
Because we are a team
And champion is my dream!
Currently I gleam
That the opponent is weak to water.

Totodile use crunch!
Because I have a hunch
That once you throw that punch
We'll win and go get lunch
To celebrate our victory.

Mudkip use muddy water!
This fire Pokemon is getting hotter
But he's also starting to totter
So hit him and win without a slaughter
Together we will be triumphant!

Piplup use metal claw!
This battle we will not withdraw
I see the weakness is the opponents paw
We will win and all will be in awe
Of our amazing teamwork.

Oshawott use furry cutter!
My words I do not stutter
You will slice the opponent like butter
And it will faint, their disappointment utter
As we secure the championship!


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment