Sunday 17 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 17

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to write a poem about dogs.  I admit, I'm not a dog person, I prefer cats, but there have been a bunch of dogs in my life that were owned by family or friends.  So I decided to write about all of them because I couldn't pick just one.  And for those who have been following my poetry for the past few years, you will know that I love haiku's, and this year I haven't written nearly enough of them, so here is a haiku for all the dogs of my life.  Enjoy!


Happy dog named Max
"Please don't leave me here alone!"
"With the pack I stay!"

English gentleman
The named Conquest is he
"Please give me more pets."

Thudster and Taurus
The perfect poodle brothers
Well behaved and trained

Destroyer Charlie
Toys don't stand a change with him
Quickly torn to shreads

Crazy dog Skippy
Jumping, barking, licking all
Please don't come near me.

Timber derpy dog
Sleep in the day, up all night
Such an anxious dog


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment