Thursday 14 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 14

Hello!

I am really loving this month of poetry so far!  I feel like I'm on a roll with my poems, with so many of them being great.  Today's prompt was a fun one to think about:  write a poem that takes the form of the opening scene of the movie of your life.  I had a rough idea of the imagery I wanted it to have, but how to write it?  I decided to go with a rhyming poem because I like the feel of rhyming poetry and I wanted a style that I felt represented me along with the description of the scene.  As for what I wrote, well it just sort of came to me as I went.  I hope you enjoy today's poem!


A gentle wind blows, soft and warm
After the passing of a recent storm.

The camera pans up a hill
Atop a lone figure standing still.

To the horizon her eyes gaze
While upon her skin she feels the Sun's rays.

Who is this girl who stands alone?
What is her story? It's not yet known.

Her clothing is colourful, her style unique
You can see from the details she's a nerd and a geek. 

A few minutes pass, then she turns with a smile
And you feel such a warmth, your wait was worthwhile.

For in the smile of this strange rainbow girl
You feel safe and loved, your heart can unfurl.

On the surface she's cheery, happy, and wise
But if you look closely you'll see pain in her eyes. 

What is her story? Why is there pain?
Why is she on this hill after the rain?

She holds out her hand to you and says but a word
And in that moment it's the sweetest you've heard.

"Tell me your story, let's go for a walk
We will go on an adventure, see the world while we talk."

So please take her hand, because you never know
Together let's find out how this story will go. 


Thanks for reading!

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment