Wednesday 6 April 2022

NaPoWriMo Day 6

 Hello!

Today's prompt is based on the good old acrostic poem.  That's where the first letter of every line spells out a word.  Well today's prompt takes it up a notch as says to use a phrase or a line of poetry as the first letter of each line.   I decided to keep mine a little simpler today and went with a short phrase.  Today is also International Asexuality Day, and since I identify as Ace I decided to write my poem about that.  Enjoy!


I may not feel the same feelings as you.

Attraction comes differently for me. 
Maybe I want you physically, but more likely I want your time, your story, to see your soul.

Very rarely I feel sexual attraction.
And when I do it's fleeting, never lasting long. 
Longing for your touch, your kiss, but in a sensual way. 
I feel uncomfortable when others sexualise me. 
Demisexual asexual is what I am. 


Thanks for reading!  If you'd like to learn more about this feel free to message me or leave a comment. 

Attentea

No comments:

Post a Comment