Saturday 10 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 10

 Hello!

So today's prompt involved listing to a song and written down thoughts, and then looking through a junk drawer for a list of random items.  The whole thing reminded me of a prompt from last year where the prompt was to write about a walking tour, and I wrote about random things around my home to the song "Tiny Paper Elephant" by the Doubleclicks.  I felt that this prompt had the same feel so I wrote some more verses for the poem.  This time I focused more on what was in my office rather than my living room, which was the focus for my first poem.  Enjoy!


There's a baby panda poster
And a faerie on the moon
A box of thread and needles
And a new steampunk costume

A bookshelf full of stories
Tales of epic daring do
There's also Shakespeare's stories
And a physics textbook too

There's a small shelf in the corner
Holding dice and maps and books
Miniatures of men and monsters
And some scribbled in notebooks

My office is a haven
For the things I love in life
Hopes and dreams are all around me
Where I go to escape strife


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment