Sunday 4 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 4

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to take one of the photos from @SpaceLiminalBot on Twitter and write a poem about it.  There were a lot of interesting photos on there, but in the end here is the one I choose:



Lately I've been watching Star Trek and as soon as I saw this I thought about standing aboard the Enterprise looking out into space while everyone is asleep and the lounge is quiet.  I decided to make my poem the log of a science officer, though I made it rhyme which is something unique that you wouldn't normally think of in a Starfleet log.  Hope you enjoy!


Science Officer's Log, Stardate 55362.9

They say space is the final frontier
Our path is open, the way is clear

With the command of the captain we are on our way
Another planetary system, another day

On 10 Forward I stand looking out into space
The stars out the window shine onto my face

Tomorrow we arrive at a binary neutron star
To come here we have traveled far

My role to always gather scientific information
To learn about our universe's formation

Standing here alone I find some peace
Here after hours the noise has ceased

Startfeet officer my path in life
Of adventures through the stars my life is rife

Tomorrow will be another day of duty
But for now I stand here in the universe's beauty.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment