Sunday 11 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 11

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a letter to a famous person, and also write the reply.  At first I was having some trouble thinking of who I wanted to write my letter to.  Honestly I couldn't come up with any ideas so then my mind wandered to Pokemon because today is a Pokemon Community Day event.  I thought it would be fun to write a letter between two Pokemon, but from there I was reminded of this picture drawn by the TeeTurtle artists a few years ago on social media.  I love this little doodle of Snorlax and Kirby eating donuts together. 


So my poem became a letter between Snorlax and Kirby as they remember this donut party and plan their next one together. 

I decided to go with a rhyming poem because I wanted to get back to some rhymes and it gave it a cute feel which is what I was going for.  Enjoy!


To my dear friend Kirby, all puffy and pink, 
Of our time eating donuts I often do think.
Our donut feast is a cherished memory of mine,
So as I think of you I hope you are fine.
We really should meet once again sometime soon,
Hopefully before the next phase cycle of the moon.
I await your reply by email or fax,
Sincerely, your beloved friend, Snorlax.

Snorlax, my best friend, I have received your letter. 
To answer you, yes I am feeling much better. 
So many donuts together we ate, 
To do that again, I can not wait. 
Let's get together later this week,
And our favourite bakery, their donuts I'll seek. 
How many we'll eat I can't wait to see, 
Your best friend forever and always, Kirby. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment