Sunday 25 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 25

 Hello!

Today's prompt is to write a poem for a particular occasion.  I'll admit my mind has been thinking about other things today and as I write this I'd rather be doing other things.  But I still wrote a poem.  It's inspired by the video game I've been playing lately, but I wrote it so that it's vague enough that it can also apply to our current world.  Enjoy!


Age of Calamity

We're living in the age of calamity
and contemplating the gravity
of this new reality
we need a new mentality
with no banality
if we are to find humanity
through this time in its full capacity

In actuality
it's an eventuality
that we will lack the tenacity
the morality
and logically
to save everyone from the brutality
and the depravity
that evil is bringing to this world. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment