Friday 9 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 9

 Hello!

Today's poetry prompt is to write a poem in the form of a to-do list of an unusual person or character. Right away my mind jumped to Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson again since my poem yesterday was another character from that series.  Again ideas started to pop into my head for a to-do list for one of the main characters in that series, Kaladin.  He's one of my favourite characters so I thought I would honor him with a poem.  For those who are a fan of the series you'll notice his Windrunner oaths are included in here and also the items on the list are roughly in the order that the events happened to Kaladin through the books.  Hope you enjoy!


Kal's To Do List

Keep on living (don't give into the nothingness)
Stay strong (You got this, weakness be damned)
Enjoy the moment (it's all about the journey, not where this is going)

Meet with Bridge Four for dinner (we're probably having soup)

Protect those who cannot project themselves

Stop by the King's Guard training ground for a training session

Protect those I hate because it's the right thing to do

Visit family, spend time with little brother
Help father in his medical center

After dinner attend depression support group
Fight the voidbringer incursion

Accept that I cannot protect everyone

Tell Syl how much she means to me. 



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment