Wednesday 7 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 7

 Hello!

So today's prompt is to write poems based on the number of syllables in each line.  The haiku, one of my favourites, is a well known example, and today the prompt introduced me to two other styles.  The Shadorma with its 3/5/3/3/7/5 structure, and the Fib (based on the Fibonacci sequence) with its 1/1/2/3/5/8 structure.   While only one was required, I really love syllable structured poems so I tried both.   And being the nerd that I am I wrote the Shadorma poem about writing poems that use syllables, and the Fib poem about the Fibonacci sequence.  Not the most original, but it's so meta that I love it.  So here are today's poems.  Enjoy!


Syllables
Are a fun way to
Write poems
I love to
Count the ways I can use words
In a new sequence


Shells
Trees
Flowers
Galaxies
Fibonacci here
And also in this poem now


You'll probably see me using these syllable structured poems for future prompts as well.  It's awesome to have more options than just the haiku now.  <3

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment