Friday 16 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 16

 Hello!

The prompt for today is to write a Skeltonic poem.  I didn't recognize that type of poem, but after learning what it was, I realized I've written those kinds of poems before and I'm familiar with the style without realizing it's an actual style.  I was tempted to just re-share the Skeltonic poem I wrote last year about COVID, but I like the feel of this poetry style so I decided to write another one. 

My mind wandered as to what to write about but I eventually settled on the idea of going on an adventure.  Perhaps because I'm working at home, and it's such a nice day outside, I just want to go wander around and forget responsibility.  Here's how I feel while I'm off exploring the great wide somewhere.  Enjoy!


The wild calls to me
It says come out and see
Just what you can be
While you stand free. 
Travel up a tree
Or out to sea
Find a mysterious key
To treasure lost long ago. 

Adventure beacons me to go
And so aglow
I wander to and frow
Caution to the wind I throw
As down below
Winds of change can blow
And in my heart I know
This is where I'm meant to be. 


Thanks for reading!

1 comment: