Wednesday 28 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 28

 Hello!

The poetry prompt for today is to write a poem that involves questions.  At first I was thinking about my anxiety, how living with anxiety is living with questions constantly filling your head and having to answer them or fight against your own body. But I couldn't think of a good way to phrase it and write it so I moved on from that idea.  Being the geek I am, I then thought of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and how the answer to life the universe and everything is 42.  But 42 what?  What's the question?   The book doesn't answer that, so I thought I'd play with that idea in a free verse poem.   Enjoy!


42

The answer to life the universe and everything.
But 42 what?

The number of people you must love?
How many roads you must walk down?
The amount of adventures you go on?
Quantity of jobs to have in your lifetime?
The number of mistakes you need to make?
Or new foods to try? 
Perhaps it's the number of animals you need to cuddle?
Could it be the number of times you need to wish upon a star?
Or feel sorrow and loss?
Hopefully it's that you need to eat 42 jelly beans everyday.
What does our lives and the universe need 42 times?

Perhaps, that's for us to decide. 

**** **


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment