Monday 19 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 19

 Hello!

So I'm back on track today with following the poetry prompts. Today's prompt is to write a humorous rant poem.  While there are many things that anger me that I could rant about, I decided to focus on those little things that happen in an average day that get on my nerves. It helps to keep it lighter rather than serious. 

As for the structure for today's poem, I saw a meme on Facebook this weekend that talked about how Emily Dickinson used common meter for her poems, and so they can be sung to the Pokemon Theme Song.  My first thought was, common meter is a poetry thing? My second thought was, the Pokemon theme song uses common meter?  My mind was blown!  I decided that I was going to use common meter for at least a few poems before the end of the month so that I can sing them to the Pokemon song.  So when it came to the idea of a humorous rant, it makes these little rants even more hilarious when sung to the Pokemon theme song. I know I've been giggling about it all day. Enjoy!


Where is the bus, why is it late?
It's rather cold outside. 
Is it so hard to be on time?!
You have a schedule. 

And to that smoker standing there
Upwind from where I stand. 
Please, I don't want to breath your smoke
Go somewhere else instead!

To that guy sitting next to me
On the Ctrain today
We're living in a pandemic
Please move 6 feet away!

My manager comes by my desk
Here's what I have to do. 
I've already done half of it, 
And emailed it to you. 

In line the girl in front of me
Ordering lunch slowly. 
Come on, make up your mind and pay
I'm feeling so hangry!

To the guy in the public space
Sitting without a mask. 
Your coughing sounds like you are sick
Go home and isolate!

Another day has come and gone
It's time to get some rest. 
Forget about the day I had
It's time to feel some peace. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment