Friday 30 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 30

 Hello!

Yay! I've made it through a whole month of poems!  This was definitely a really great year for poem writing.  I'm really happy with how they all went.  For the final prompt today, the challenge is to write a poem that involves a series of directions.  I decided to go with something more abstract, and give directions to joy.   Joy is something I'm good at.  Despite my anxiety and everything in the world around me I'm usually a very joyful person, and I'm good at finding joy.   So in a way this poem is my way of sharing how I'm able to find joy myself and hopefully help you as well.  I've done a lot of free-style the past few days so today I wanted to get back to some rhymes.   The rhythm changes which each stanza, but I was going more for the rhyme than the meter for this poem, so it might feel a little off in that regard.  

And before I get into my poem I just want to say thanks to everyone who took the time to read through all my poems this month.  I hope you enjoyed them, and this final poem for NaPoWriMo 2021!


The Path To Joy

There are many ways to arrive at joy
Here is the path I enjoy regularly:

Your starting location is to have an open mind
You must be receptive, or joy you will not find. 

Next start down the road of open eyes
See the world around you, for joy can come in disguise.

Then turn right and go your way down the rainbow street
Colours all around you, wear them head to feet. 

It also helps if you have glitter or sparkles close at hand
Your travelling companion as you wander through the land. 

Now you will be passing the grove of the smile
I recommend you pause here and enjoy it for a while. 

The final point of interest is the cuddle intersection
These fluffy, soft, and adorable things are here for your affection. 

Moving on then you'll find you have arrived at joy
And here you will find happiness for every girl and boy. 


Thanks for reading!  See you again for NaPoWriMo 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment